home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Moroccan Chicken and Couscous

Monday night for dinner I pulled out one of my favorite new cookbooks...the free-with-subscription-parents-magazine-cookbook.  I ordered a subscription just because I wanted the cookbook.  I was a little disappointed when it came in the mail though.  It looked more like a mini-magazine than a cookbook.  But, I decided to try it out anyway, and I found some really wonderful, easy, recipes.

Here's one of my favorites:
Moroccan Chicken with Couscous and Baby Spinach

1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pkg. tomato-lentil couscous
1 pkg. fresh baby spinach
Stir together seasoning  and sprinkle over chicken.  Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side turning over only once.

Prepare couscous according to directions.
When chicken is done, transfer to another dish and add the baby spinach to the skillet and let it cook until it wilts (about 1-2 minutes).  Mix the cooked spinach into the cooked couscous.

Serve chicken with couscous-spinach on the side.
My kids actually LOVE this recipe.  The chicken is juicy and has a TON of flavor.  The spinach is hidden in the couscous so my kids hardly notice it as they eat it.  

I've been checking out the Parents recipe website for other fun new recipes for families since I have loved their little mini-cookbook so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment