home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Tulip Festival begins...

Today is the first day of the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival!

I look forward to the tulip festival every year!
Tulips are some of my favorite flowers because when they start popping up, it means that Spring is close.

When I was in Romania (Winter 2001) I started to miss the sun.  Everything was frozen over.  Then, right around Women's Day (March 8) the street vendors started selling tulips.  My roommates and I bought tons of tulips!  I made my day to see the streets lined with buckets of tulips and it made our apartment brighter to have them there.

When Nate and I got engaged, we picked March 19 for our wedding date.  We were getting married in Los Angeles, so I was sure that we would have beautiful spring weather.  I love color and I wanted a bright, spring, wedding.  Well, it happened to be a very cold and rainy year for California and we had to plan an inside location for the wedding.  So, to bring spring into my wedding, my good friend who did the flowers for me, designed everything with tulips.  Tulips, daffodils, hydrangeas, etc.  I was in love!

Now that I am living in Utah, I look forward every year to the Tulip Festival!
Here's some pictures from last year at the Tulip Festival:

If you live in Utah, make sure you make it to the festival!
April 15 - May 7

No comments:

Post a Comment