home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baked Taquitos

I was searching out some new recipes the other day and came across "baked creamy chicken taquitos" from Our Best Bites.

I didn't have all of the ingredients, so we decided to wing it.

This is what I did:
1/3 cup cream cheese
2 boiled/shredded chicken breasts
1/4 tomatillo salsa
1 can diced green chilies
Taco seasoning (to taste)
chopped cilantro (to taste)
A handful of Mexican blend cheese

I used the uncooked flour tortillas from Costco, cooked them, and then spread the chicken mixture inside.  You just roll them up, and place them seam side down.  We spritzed them with olive oil spray and sprinkled them with Kosher salt.

Then into the oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
Ta-da!
They turned out really good!
This is definitely something I will make again.
My kids loved it and I don't have to feel bad about feeding them something deep fried.
Plus, my kids LOVE to dip and these taquitos are just perfect for dipping.
And speaking of what to to dip them in...
We tried out this Cafe Rio Copycat dressing recipe from Super Healthy Kids.

CAFE RIO CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
  • 1/2 c. light mayo
  • 1/2 c. FF sour cream
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 pkg of Ranch dressing dry mix
  • 8 oz jar of salsa verde (tomatilla salsa) 
It didn't taste exactly like Cafe Rio, but it was really good, really easy, and my family loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment