home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, June 11, 2012

Week in Review

Wow, we have had the busiest week ever over here!

I was so excited for summer that I think I got a little carried away when I signed the boys up for every activity imaginable!  It was fun, but also exhausting!

Every morning we woke up and had to make it to swimming lessons by 10:00 a.m.
Then I would change the boys clothes in the car and run any quick errands that needed to be done (groceries, gas, etc.)
We would come home, eat lunch, put the baby down for a quick nap, clean up lunch, get Saxon dressed, wake up the baby and then run out the door again to be to BYU soccer camp by 2:00 p.m.  We would have to leave pretty early to get there too because the freeways are a mess.

After soccer camp, we would rush home, change clothes again, pack a new bag, and head off to t-ball.  This is Bridger's first year playing.  Saxon probably could have played in a division up (he's a little bored with t-ball) but I wanted him and Bridger on the same team.  Bridger is shy and he was really nervous to play.  Saxon is fearless so it helped Bridger get excited about it.
Then, on Friday night, when our crazy week is finally wrapping up...
(don't forget to throw in a neighborhood friend's swimming birthday party and a quick trip to Seven Peaks Water Park into the mix)
We decided to go to the Utah Scottish Festival.
I have been wanting to go for years
Really.
But every year something comes up...it rains, or we have something else going on that night, or Nate had to work and I didn't want to go alone, or I couldn't afford it, etc.
Finally this year, I was determined to go.
It was amazing!!!
The boys got root beer on tap.

(Here's Dalton showing off his)
And they got kilts.
We couldn't resist.
My cousin bought them for them because we have been joking forever that Bridger needs a kilt.  Bridger is really picky about what he wears.  It has to be soft, "comfy", and he has to feel free.  He hates underwear, jeans, or stiff cotton, or anything else that he decides isn't "comfy."  We started joking a while ago that he needs a kilt.  That's as free as it gets.
Finally he got one and he loved it!
We had a blast last week, but I'm mostly just relieved that we survived it :)
This week soccer is over, but summer reading time at the library starts.
Oh well, better to be busy than bored, right?

2 comments:

  1. The boys don't look too exhausted, but I can understand where Momma might. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did have a busy week!

    ReplyDelete