home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad

I LOVE salads in the summer!  They are so refreshing and you don't have to turn on your oven.  Part of the reason that I like them so much too, is that I try to hold out on turning on my air conditioning until July.  Crazy?  I know.  No one can stand my house because it gets to be 85 degrees inside.  Now imagine what it's like if I turn on my oven...LOL.

This one was inspired by a pinterest recipe again.
I changed it a little to suit my family.

Start by coating 1-2 chicken breasts in BBQ sauce and grilling.

While that's cooking, you'll need:
Romaine lettuce
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn drained
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 avocado chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
mexican blend cheese

Once the chicken is cooked, chop it up and add it to the salad.

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

When you're ready to eat, pour some BBQ sauce on your salad, and then a little bit of dressing.  This is one of my new favorite salad dressing recipes.  It turned out really good and was really easy!  Plus, I had all of the ingredients at home already.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment