home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Better Than *you know what* Cake

Can you guess what all of the boys in my house requested for Father's Day...
Yep, Better than Sex Cake.
Chocolate...Cool Whip...Candy...the perfect cake for Dads :)

But when we were telling the kids about it, we hesitated to call it by it's real name.
Some words just sound wrong coming out of little mouths.
I started to say, "Here's the "Better than..." and then I trailed off because I couldn't think of what to say.
My cousin rescued me by jumping in with
"Better than STARWARS Cake!"
Perfect.
That is now what my boys call it.
Although Saxon was mad because he thought it should at least have a Star Wars figurine on top.

Nate said that he grew up calling it 
"Better than Robert Redford Cake."
 
Anyway, it's rich and sticky and sweet and yummy and best of all...
FROZEN!
And since I'm too cheap to turn on my air conditioning yet, FROZEN is wonderful!
(Currently my house is 88...miserable!)

Well, whatever you want to call it, here's the SUPER-EASY recipe:

1 box of chocolate cake mix
(my favorite is Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge)
1 cup Sour Cream
3 Eggs

1 can sweetened condensed milk
Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 container Cool Whip
Crushed Candy Bars

*Mix together cake mix, eggs, and sour cream and bake in a 9 X 13 pan according to directions.

After you take the cake out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and then poke holes all over the top with a fork.  
Then pour the whole can of sweetened condensed milk over the top and let it seep into all of the holes.
Then squirt caramel on top of that.
Then put the cake in the fridge until it cools completely.
You are going to put the cool whip on top and you don't want it to melt.
Let the cool whip thaw for a while the cake cools.
Once it's ready, spread the whole container of cool whip on top of the cake.
Then cover with crushed candy bars.
I used crushed, frozen, snickers and heath bar.
Then squirt a little more caramel on the top of that (just to be pretty).
Freeze again.
And voila!
Better than Sex Cake.

*As I was researching different ideas, I came across a few people that asked if it was possible to make a "healthy" version of this cake.  Umm...I guess you could cut corners here and there, but really, there is nothing healthy about this cake.  It is pure indulgence and one that I save only for very special occasions (like Father's Day).

3 comments:

  1. I made this for father's day too :) but a little differently. I'll have to try this way next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo going to try this. Thanks for posting it. I regularly follow your blog and find it inspiring, so I'm passing along the Sunshine Award to you today for all of your creativity and inspiration! Come on over to LeslieMarquezDesigns.blogspot.com to check it all out~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it really work to make a cake mix with just sour cream and eggs? I'm not much of a baker, but I want to make this and not mess it up! Thanks, Heather. heatherhoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete