home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, June 4, 2012

10 Easy Father's Day Ideas

I've been trying to get ahead this year and have Father's Day all planned out with time to spare.  I've been searching for fun, easy, inexpensive, and DIY ideas for Father's Day because I have a lot of people to buy for:
My husband, my dad, my step-dad, my Father-in-law, and often my cousin who doesn't have kids but is so great with my kids that we feel like he deserves a gift :)

Here are some fun ideas that I found:

"Best POP ever!" soda.  My kids call my dad "Pops" so I thought this one was appropriate :)

Better than Sex Cake
Why is is that all guys seem to love this cake?
Is it the candy on top, or is it the name?
Either way, it's one I don't make very often, but might consider it for Father's Day.

"You're an A&Wesome Dad!"
Cute idea.  
I might do this and have root beer floats for dessert that night.

"Dad, We love you to PIECES."
This would be a fun idea that Dad can take to work with him.
Plus, everyone loves a homemade gift.

I thought this one was adorable!
You could make these cute chalkboard bubbles by cutting out the shape in cardboard and spraypainting it with chalkboard paint.

Everyone in my family loves peanut m&ms so is one that we are doing for sure!
"To my slightly nutty but sweet DAD."

This was was so cute I couldn't resist, although I'm not sure my kids would cooperate and hold still while I tried to get this shot.  Regardless, I might try it out...

Precious!
You can buy big letters like this at the craft store (usually) and then just paint them yourself.  It takes a little pre-planning, but would be sooo worth it!

Who doesn't love a candy poster?
I haven't made one since high school, but it might be time to introduce my kids to the world of candy posters.  I think they would have so much fun making it!

This treat looks yummy, but probably not one that I would make often.
Father's Day might be an occasion worthy of a cookie-dough-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-brownie concoction.
Nate would love it!

Do you have any other great Father's Day ideas?
I'd love to hear them!

1 comment: