home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mango Chicken Tacos

This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I know I'm not going to have a lot of time.
Crockpot Mango Chicken Tacos
Just put chicken breast in the crockpot in the morning and cover in mango salsa.
Let cook on low for 4 hours.
I use frozen chicken because it's faster, and then usually just leave it in the crockpot all day.  Fresh chicken cooks in about 3-4 hours on low.
After about 4 hours, take off the lid and shred the chicken.  I should just fall apart with a fork.  At this point I usually add more mango salsa because the slow-cooker can mute the flavors.
Then, add a scoop of sour cream 30 mintues before you are ready to serve.
I first tried this recipe at a friend's house and she used regular salsa.
It turned out amazing, I just love the mango salsa so that's what I use :)
I serve it with lettuce and olives and cheese and fresh cooked tortillas.
My kids love it because they get to build their own tacos.
This recipe is easy to change around to make it exactly how you want it.
For example, my grandma is allergic to wheat and dairy, so we don't add the sour cream or cheese, and we use corn tortillas instead.
When we make it for my brother and my sister-in-law, we use their homemade salsa from the garden.
I use this recipe so often that my kids don't even know what ground-beef tacos are :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! We LOVE mango salsa at our house so this will be perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete