home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Carrot Cake Cupcakes

With Easter coming up, I've been dying to make carrot cake.
On Sunday night, I decided to make my favorite carrot cake cupcake recipe.
Easy Easter Carrot Cake
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup finely shredded carrots

Mix together and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
This is one of my favorite recipes because it is oh so easy, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.  Also, I LOVE carrot cake, but I don't like raisins, and I don't like nuts in cake, and most carrot cake has both.  Instead I used the crushed pineapple with doesn't change the texture, but adds a juicy-fruity-flavor that I love.  However, if you do love nuts and raisins, go ahead and add them.  You can still use this easy recipe.

Now that I'm thinking of Easter, I realized that I have a lot to do still!
Time to start coming up with Easter ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment