home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Claim to Fame

(These are my grandparents at their lake house near Chicago)

My Grandparents have 7 children.
Years ago, he related a story that had happened to my Grandma while he was speaking at a church meeting...

My Grandma was taking all 7 kids out and loaded them all on the bus.
The bus driver asked,
"Are these all yours lady, or is this a picnic?"
She responded,
"They're all mine, and it's no picnic."

Vaughan J. Featherstone heard the my Grandpa tell the story.
Years later, he wrote a letter to my Grandpa asking him if he could re-tell that story in a talk that he was going to give in church.
Of course, my Grandpa agreed.

During the Saturday Afternoon session of General Conference,
Elder Neil L. Anderson told the same story, that he had heard from Elder Featherstone.

So...my Grandparents are famous!
LOL
 
I love that story.
Sometimes I feel like I have my hands so full with 3 crazy boys.
My Grandparents had 5 crazy boys and 2 girls.
They also had 3 boys first also.
I guess I'm following in their footsteps :)
(You should have seen the look on Nate's face when I suggested that we have 7 kids LOL)
He felt like the only good part of that idea was that it would give him and excuse to buy a 9 passenger suburban.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens :)

1 comment: