home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Mommy Moment...

Sorry for the sporadic posting, we took our family camping at Shaver Lake, CA. for the 4th of July.  It was AMAZING!  One of my favorite places on Earth.

We did a lot of boating while we were there and my little Saxon was so brave.
You'll have to indulge me for a minute while I have a "mommy moment" and brag and gush about how proud I am of him...

Saxon decided that he wanted to try the "Jimmy Jam".
The Jimmy Jam is like a wake-surf trainer.
The handle hooks onto the board so you can be hands free while you stand, then reach down and pick it up.  The little kids like to just lay on it, and the bigger kids like to try and stand.
Saxon asked if he could try after he saw the bigger kids doing it.
I was so proud that he was brave enough to get behind the boat alone.
Then, once he was going, he started leaning side to side and trying to cross the wake.
I was screaming and cheering of course.
Then all of the sudden, he sticks his little bum in the air and wiggles up on to his knees, and then detaches the handle so he can hold it.
 Now he's knee-boarding!
Even a group of people on shore (who we didn't know) started cheering.
My little 4 year old looked really little out there behind the boat.

The bigger kids on the boat were yelling for him to try and stand.
He did try, but he fell.
I thought he would be scared after falling, but he was loving all of the attention too much.
He just kept on smiling :)
Of course the good pictures are all on my sisters good camera, so I still need copies.

What are your favorite things to do over the 4th?

1 comment:

  1. what a fun weekend and your little saxon is awesome!! love it when they try new adventurous things. very cool. the fourth is the best holiday!!

    ReplyDelete