home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cobb Salad

I have a yummy recipe for you today!
Cobb Salad
(adapted from Saveur)

This one is perfect for a hot summer night when you don't want to turn on your oven.
I started with a recipe from Saveur, but adapted it to make it my own.

For the Salad:
Romaine lettuce
Spinach
hard boiled eggs
bacon
grilled chicken
avocado
pepperjack cheese
olives
kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper

FOR THE DRESSING:
3⁄4 cup canola oil
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3⁄4 tsp. dry mustard
1⁄2 tsp. Worcestershire
1⁄4 tsp. sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,

 I love this recipe because you can add or substitute to suit everyone.
I don't like tomatoes, so I leave them out.
My kids love olives, so we add them.
I don't love blue cheese, but need some flavor, so we used pepperjack.

With the dressing, I use this recipe and I love it.
It has a lot of vinegar so expect that zing when you take a bite.
For my kids we used light ranch instead.
For Nate to take to work, we drizzled his with Persian Lime Olive Oil and Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar with a little salt and cracked pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment