home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, July 23, 2012

We're Back :)

We just got back into town last night after spending a week at the beautiful Shaver Lake, CA.  It's one of my favorite places in the world and I LOVE taking my kids.

It's the kind of place where I can just take a breath and feel at peace.

I tried out wake surfing for the first time :)
The verdict:  I can't do anything fancy, but I already like it better than wakeboarding.
You're not strapped in, so when you fall, you just fall.
When you're wakeboarding, you don't just fall, you smash into the water.
My mom tore her eardrum a few years ago wakeboarding, just by hitting the water on her side.  I decided a few years ago, after giving it a good try, that I just don't really enjoy it.  I'd rather ski.
Wake surfing however, is a fun and easy alternative and I can't wait to try again.
Even Saxon tried wake surfing on my cousin Dylan's back.
We spent all week on the water and loving every minute of it!
The kids had cousins there to play with so of course, they were in heaven!
Now I'm home and have a thousand things to do.
You know the saying about needing a vacation after your vacation?
Seriously.
I could use a week to clean and organize and regroup.

Has anyone else been camping yet this year?

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had such a good time! I've never heard of wake surfing- looks fun!

    ReplyDelete