home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, May 21, 2012

Eclipse

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend with great weather (we have had beautiful weather here...)
This weekend was full of projects for us.

First, I repainted the kids bathroom.
I chose Cumulus Cloud by Martha Stewart and I LOVE it.
Once I pick the right accessories for it, I'll post a picture.

Meanwhile, Nate finally worked on the entertainment stand that he's been working on for 6 months.  He has it mostly done, but he never built the doors for the cupboards.  Because there aren't any doors, Dalton pulls out every DVD, blurb book, and CD that we own every. single. day.  I finally freaked out about it one day to Nate because I spend all day cleaning the same thing.  Dalton pulling out the DVD's, and the big boys dumping legos over every single surface of the house.
After the freak out, Nate agreed to work on it.
He didn't finish, but he spent all day on it and he's a lot closer.
It's going to look gorgeous and I can't wait to post a picture when it's done!

Because Nate and I were each occupied with projects, our kids ran wild around the neighborhood all day.  (Before you think I'm just a terrible parent, Nate was working in the garage with the garage door open...which is almost like being outside...)
Then we clipped a timer to Saxon's shirt and every 15 minutes the timer would go off and he and Bridger would have to come check in.
That was the best that I could come up with.
They boys wanted to be outside with all of the neighborhood kids all day, but I couldn't sit out there with them because I had a huge project.  They played from noon until 8 p.m. and were completely sunburned and thoroughly exhausted.  They had a great day!

One of my cousins came over for dinner that night and brought the boys glow sticks and told them that they were light-sabers.  The boys took a "light-saber bath" and had the time of their lives playing Star Wars and fighting with their light-sabers.  Then, one of them discovered what happens when the light-sabers break and I walked in to find this:
In other news, did everyone see the eclipse?
Being in Utah, we had a prime view, and this is what we saw:
It just looked like the sun to me.  I never found the special glasses anywhere but one of our neighbors built the box that helps you see it:
Bridger looked in and I asked him what he saw.
He said, "the moon." because all you could see what a crescent shape of the sun reflecting.  It was kind of cool.  I really wish I had the cool glasses or the right camera though.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment