home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cowabunga Bay

I am so ready for summer!  We have a busy summer coming up and it's going to go by so fast!  Summer is my favorite time of year.  Since we've had such gorgeous weather, Cowabunga Bay gave some bloggers a special code to get discounted tickets for their opening night party.  Brittany told us about it and we all decided to go.  We've never been there before but I always see it off the side of the freeway and wanted to try it out.
Here's what I thought:
It's small, so that's both good and bad.  With kids, it was great because I could just let them do what they wanted and I could see them most of the time.  Saxon was big enough for every ride and he had the time of his life!  The downside of it being kind of small is that there isn't any grass or area to just spread out.  There were a TON of chairs though and we each managed to get one :)  There were tons of open chairs and tables by the snack stand so we didn't have any problem getting a table for dinner.
Bridger was too short by 1 inch for the rides and he was sad about it.  He could still go on an adults lap, so Nate had to take him.
But then Dalton got jealous because he got bored of the lazy river with me and Britt and he wanted to go down all of the slides.
The best part?
The water was really warm!
My least favorite part?
They have those huge dumping buckets that will dump on you if you walk under them at the right time.  And they have a ton of squirting hoses and guns for kids to drench each other.  Fun for kids...but I didn't like getting squirted in the face every time I walked by.

Overall, if it wasn't too crowded all summer, it would be a fun place to take the kids and let them run around.
This has been such a busy week!
Cowabunga Bay on Monday.
Doctor's appt. on Tuesday.
Preschool Graduation on Wednesday (pictures to come...)
Cleaning and packing on Thursday.
Leave for St. George on Friday...
So excited to get away for the weekend and celebrate summertime!!!
I keep seeing all of these great ideas for things to do in Utah floating around pinterest.
I think I'm going to try some of them.
Most of them are free (huge bonus because we don't have a lot of money).
We're usually really good at finding all of the fun, free stuff to do where ever we are.
I spent 2 weeks in CA last summer and the only thing we paid for was food :)
Of course, we spent a lot of time on the beach LOL.
This summer in Utah, I think we want to hike to several of the waterfalls that are hidden in the canyons.  Most of them seem easy enough for kids and as long as you can splash in the water when you get there...my kids will be thrilled!
What are your summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment