home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spinach and Berry Salad Recipe

Spinach and Berry Salad Recipe
Last night for dinner, we made tri-tip.
I never make beef because I don't eat it, but every once in a great while I make it for my family.  Since we were having beef, I figured I had better come up with something good to go with it that I could eat :)
I decided on one of my favorite salads...Spinach and Berry Salad.

-Spinach
-Romaine lettuce
-Granny Smith Apple
-Strawberries
-Blackberries
-Candied Pecans
-Feta Cheese

We made the candied pecans ourselves by adding pecans sprinkled with sugar into a skillet.  The heat will melt the sugar and caramelize it onto the pecans.  Yum...I kept picking them off the salad to snack on before dinner :)
For dressing we had the option of Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette, or Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar mixed with Persian Lime Olive Oil.
This is one of my favorite summer salad recipes, and since it is starting to feel like spring around here, I couldn't resist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment