home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Veggie Pizza Recipe

This is one of our favorite recipes...esp. in the summer when I have all the veggies from my garden.  I like we can change it depending on what we have on hand.  My kids like to help make it and it's pretty easy :)
Pizza Crust:
2 1/4 tsp. (1 pkg.) dry active yeast
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 1/3 cups flour

-Dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
-Stir in salt and oil, then mix in the flour.
-Knead the dough until no longer sticky, then let it rise for an hour
-After an hour, punch the dough down and roll it out into 2 pizza crusts.
-This recipe also works well for calzones

Sauce:
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
2 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
Once you roll the crust out, put some sauce on it.  Then just top it with whatever veggies you want.  We used spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper, and olives.  Then I sprinkled it with fresh mozzarella and freshly grated Romano.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love homemade pizzas - and this one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm looks so good except those gross mushrooms! bleh! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought to add sugar to pizza dough. I am totally going to try this.

    Mommy Sauri~
    http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete