home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be Beautiful

Found this on pinterest:

Do you notice how once you get to know someone, the entire way you see them changes?

My mom has a really good friend has been going through a really hard time.  My mom is always telling me about her friend.  I've never met her, but I feel like I have because of how much I've heard about her.  My mom talks about her as the most beautiful, wonderful person in the world.

When I finally saw a picture of her, I was a little surprised.  She wasn't beautiful, necessarily, she was just ordinary.  I was telling my mom that I saw the picture and that she looked different than I expected.  My mom said, "Really?  When I see her, I just think that she is so beautiful because she is one of those people that lights up a room when she walks into it.  She makes everyone feel good just being around her.  When I'm around her, I see a really beautiful person, so I don't know what you see since you don't know her."

It just made me think about true beauty.  Once you get to know someone, their true beauty shines.  Then it's hard to remember what you ever thought of them before.

Just a thought.
Happy Thursday :)

3 comments:

  1. SO true...I needed to hear this today and I need to be sure to remember that! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. love that! needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote! I love your comment too. Sometimes I forget what people look like sometimes because I only think of how I feel about them, and I love them so much they are beautiful to me. On the flip side, I know some really mean and hard to deal with people and when someone comments how cute or pretty they are I think, really? I don't see it. Good reminder for today. Also, let's hang out. I miss seeing you in person :-)

    ReplyDelete