home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Friday, December 9, 2011

The season for giving

 This is the time of year to take advantage of the opportunities for giving and serving!
I thought I'd share a few links with you that may help you get some ideas:

I posted about this yesterday.  It's a charity to raise money for a family who just lost their baby girl and still have to pay overwhelming medical and funeral costs.
Everyday this week, Kristen has had a different blogger guest post service ideas.
Heart2Heart
Every Monday Ashley has a linky part to invite everyone to post their ideas on how to make a difference.

Utah's annual Festival of Trees raises money to support Primary Children's Medical Center.  We've spent time there when Dalton was first born, so it's special place for us.
This is one of my favorite organizations!  You can purchase a flock of geese, or a water buffalo through their site, and the animal will be sent to a developing country and given to someone.  That person will then be taught how to care for the animal, how to use it, and how to breed it.  Then, when the animals reproduce, they are to give 2 away to a neighbor and teach them what they have learned.  It is about developing a sustainable way of life.  Their mission is to end hunger and poverty.  You can buy an animal in honor of someone you know as a gift.  Then, a certificate is issued to that person letting them know that in their honor, a dozen chickens (or whatever you choose) was donated to help end world hunger.  It's a very fun way to give a creative gift.  When I was at BYU and first heard about Heifer, I donated a flock of geese in honor of each of my grandparents and gave them the certificate as a Christmas gift.  They LOVED it!

When I googled "service ideas for children" this was the most helpful website that I found.  It has some great ideas!

I hope this helps you get some great ideas for how to make this season count :)
I'd love to hear any ideas that you have as well.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment