Do you ever have moments when you mind tells you that you know better?
When you know you're taking the easy way out?
When you just hope no one is looking?
I seem to be having lots these moments lately...
Confessions of a busy mom:
1. Sometimes I let my kids drink my diet coke.
2. Sometimes I let my boys pee on a tree so we don't have to go hunt down a bathroom.
3. Sometimes I give in to a treat just so they stop begging!
4. Sometimes I let them wear their costumes out and about just so they stay entertained while I run errands.
5. Sometimes (lots of times) I let them watch a movie in bed to fall asleep.
6. Sometimes (way too often) I let them sleep in my bed.
7. Sometimes we go to the gas station to get sodas just because we're bored.
8. Sometimes I lie because I'm tired of saying "no, because I said so." You know, things like "the store is out of treats today" or "the library doesn't let us borrow movies, only books," etc.
9. Sometimes I let them have a slim fast for breakfast (they call it "chocolate milkshake") because we are running so late... We also eat quesadillas A LOT for dinner...quick and easy.
10. Sometimes I let them get away with something because I am too tired to fight another battle. Even when my mind is screaming "you should say something, they can't get away with this.." I am esp. guilty of this in public. I may threaten "we are going to leave if you do that one more time!" But if we really leave the grocery store before I am done shopping, I am the one who has to go back and do it all over again.
(Sigh...) I guess I have a few things to work on :)