home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bake You Happy

On one of our last few days in California, Brooke and I decided to try out
in Valencia, because some of Brooke's friends work there.
I was excited because "Bake You Happy" won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network, and I love Cupcake Wars!
Can you tell by the grins on these faces that we were not disappointed :)
Every cupcake is $3, so the cute girls working there made custom cupcakes for my boys that were covered in rainbow sprinkles.
Poor Bridger fell off his stool and his cupcake splatted, frosting side down, onto the floor.
He was devastated!
Those same cute girls gave him a new cupcake with sprinkles and made everything better.
The best part is that each day they have different flavors, so you can always try something new.  Plus, they make vegan, and vegan/gluten-free cupcakes.
That's important for us because my mom can't have dairy (so vegan for her) and my grandma can't have dairy or wheat (so vegan/gluten-free).
We ended up getting vanilla for me, peanut butter/chocolate for Brooke, cream soda & toffee for my brother Ryan, vegan vanilla for my mom, and vegan/gluten-free strawberry for my Grandma.  
Is your mouth watering yet?
Mine was just thinking about it!
Yum!!!
I have a thing for cupcakes.
I try out gourmet cupcake places where ever I go.
Some of my favorites are:
Sweet Mandy B's in Chicago, IL.
Sweet Tooth Fairy in Provo, UT.
The Chocolate in Orem, UT.
Whodidily's in Montecido, CA.
and now
Bake You Happy in Valencia, CA.

My sister-in-law started a cupcake business with a friend called
It's all vegan, all natural, and I can't wait to try them!
We weren't able to meet up while I was there, but next time I go, they promised me cupcakes :)
For Memorial Day, my mom and I made these red/white/blue cupcakes.
I LOVE fresh fruit and cream cheese frosting.
It seems to tone down some of the sweetness.
My favorite cream cheese frosting is:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar.
Do you have a favorite cupcake bakery or cupcake recipe?
I'd love to try something new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment