home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, May 2, 2011

Oil and Vinegar

Do you remember around Christmas time, when Groupon offered a gift certificate to Mountain Town Olive Oil?  Well, I bought two.  I gave them to Nate for Christmas and envisioned us going on a date to Park City, going out to dinner, and sampling all of the gourmet olive oils and balsamic vinegars at Mountain Town Olive Oil.

This is how it actually went...
I bought the gift certificates in October, gave them to Nate in December, they expire May 1.  So, on April 30, we rushed over to Park City, kids in tow, to redeem our gift certificates before we lost them.  We made it there an hour before they closed.

The minute I walked in, I was in love.  I sampled just about everything and LOVED all of it.  Even the ones that sounded strange (coconut balsamic?).  I was envisioning all of the yummy recipes that I would make if I had all of them.  

It didn't take long for my kids to become too rowdy for the small store, so we had to make a quick decision and hit the road.  The girl that runs it was amazingly helpful.  She could tell us about each and every oil and vinegar, where they came from, how long ago they were pressed, what pairs well with what, and recipe ideas.
We settled on Persian Lime Olive Oil with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, and Tuscan Herb Olive Oil with Fig Balsamic Vinegar.
For dinner we made whole wheat rotini pasta with sliced olives and fresh mozzarella.  We drizzled it in Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Fig Balsamic Vinegar.
Be prepared for lots of recipes with my new oils and vinegars!
I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Hey Cait, its diana from the blogger meetup! It was so fun getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete