home about tutorials contact advertise subscribe

Monday, May 9, 2011

Keep Calm and DREAM On

Do you ever go through times in your life when it seems that the pieces just don't fit together?
When no matter how hard you try, it just isn't working?
When every door you try seems locked and every turn is a dead end?

Times like that inspired this:
I was talking to my friend Andi and we were tossing around ideas for my shop.
I said, "Well obviously I can't do 'Keep Calm and Dream On'".

Andi laughed and said "you have to do it!  Paint it for me, it's my theme.  Every time I think something is really going to work out...Dream on!  I will laugh every time I look at it."

So I painted it for Andi and it's become our favorite joke lately:

I thought my kids were going to go to bed on time tonight...Dream on...
I thought my husband would get a raise this year...Dream on...
I thought if I deep cleaned my house today it would stay clean for a while...Dream on...
I hoped we would have been able to save enough for a bigger car by now...Dream on...
I wish I had a house and a big backyard...Dream on...
I could go on, and on, and on...

And yet, despite everything going on, I can't help but dream...
And neither can she.
So one day, it's just got to work out.
And I'll be glad I kept on dreaming big...

1 comment: